Saturday, March 30, 2013

Self

I recently read the sequel to Bridget Jone's Diary and a key point in the book was all of her self help books.  I think the author (Helen Fielding) had the right idea incorporating that. Bridget Jones is very much an average woman and i think almost every woman i know can identify with her diary at least a little.

Every person wonders about the concept of 'self'. Who am I? What is the meaning of my life? What am i supposed to do with it? et al. I think it's very important for us to ask ourselves what we want  from our life and to decide who we want to be perceived as. I have always loathed self help books as I think they can't plan our lives for us. But my life has just started and I've got a lot of time to figure it out. Here's what i've come up with so far:

1. I want to be an honest, hard-working, determined person.
2. I want to be able to balance all the aspects of my life better.

That's it. just two points. I'm not sure what path my life is going to take in the next few years so I can't pinpoint what areas of my life need change.

I also wonder if Bridget got it right. It doesn't matter how many self help books you read, life is about making it up as you go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment