Friday, November 1, 2013

Lights

It's time to begin isn't it? As the new moon envelops in darkness, we light up our homes.

From darkness into light. It ends tonight.
And begins again.



aDivineHumour and I were talking yesterday and she told me that Diwali is always a bad day for her. For her something always goes wrong. This time she blanked out for a test for which she was prepared.

Diwali has always been special to me. It is very different from Ganesh Chaturthi. On Chaturthi, we celebrate with splendour!Drums, Fireworks, Firecrackers, a lot of yelling and a general feeling of excitement. This one time, I went with my Great Uncle to watch the festivities in Margao City. WOW! It was amazing. Literally Amazing. The smell of incense, firecrackers and flowers mixed with the colorful garb of followers is exhilarating.


But Diwali is different.

Diwali is much more peaceful for me. The soft lights that adorn a home; the Akash-Diwo that floats like a ghostly lantern; the narkasur burning ritual: they all give me a sense of peace. The sheer beauty of the lights reminds me of what a wonderful place the world can be, when light prevails over darkness.

Happy Diwali, folks!


P.s. Brownie points if you can catch the music references on lines 1 and 3. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment