Friday, December 7, 2012

My little oddity

I have this irrational fear of being alone. This is a strange development of recent months as, by nature I am an introvert.

I used to enjoy being alone for hours, devouring a good book or playing a video game. Nowadays, i still enjoy my alone time but i need the television on, or some music needs to play in the background.

Hmm. maybe its not loneliness i fear.. it's silence. I find the silence frightening. To me it seems like all the ghosts of my past, all the frightening memories lay in the dark silence. They are slyly waiting to creep into my thoughts. And i know that if they do creep into my thoughts, I will have to face them. I will have to turn it over in my head until i no longer fear them. But as of now, i can not.

No comments:

Post a Comment