Sunday, December 30, 2012

Year end review

I've had this blog for a year now. I can barely believe it! I've been writing for a whole year. I have written a total of 31 posts! THIRTY ONE! That is thirty one pieces of art that I have created. They may not have been good but the point was to improve. I know my writing style has improved in this one year. 

So I sat down and reviewed the resolutions I had made when I started this blog and count how many of them I stuck to.

  1. Pay more attention to my mum and sister. They have always been there for me and it’s about time I showed some gratitude.
  2. Talk to my friends more often. They will always be willing to stand by me. I need to stop pushing them away and I need to start listening to them more. I need to show them that I will stand by them also.
  3. Write posts on this blog as often as I can. This is one thing that will benefit me. I'll learn to be regular, responsible and hopefully I will be more articulate.
  4. Lastly, I will be more responsible about my studies, finances and play. I won’t let these things fall through the cracks as often as I have let it.            



The first one is complicated. I was there for my mum and sister in their time of need (mum had a life changing illness, stroke and my sister handled the weight of the household during this time). I was patient and loving and I think I handled that well. I cuddled and comforted my family the only way I knew how; with plenty of food and kisses.
 What I didn’t handle so well came after. I felt so upset about having  no one to rant to that I went and took out my frustration and anger on my family (and a lot on my friends too). That upset the initial idea to a great extent.
 So I guess my success rate was about 60%. 
 The second one has a lower success rate. Though at the beginning I did show my appreciation more, Mid-way I reverted and threw my poop at them as if I was on an acid trip. 
 So I failed miserably. I need to be less of a terrible, tiresome ignoramus and more of a ray of sunshine in their lives (possibly one that will have a GIANT filter so as not to cause too many burns).
 The third one was a complete success. As aforementioned, I stuck to this blog for a whole year; one whole year of writing and improving. 
 The last one was mostly a success. I didn't let my studies and play get too out of hand. I picked up the slack and pushed through. I guess this was a success of about 80%.

Quite a good year. :-)



3 comments:

  1. if there is anyone i had to choose who would stick by their resolutions somehow or atleast make an effort to it would be you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great new year :) you'll do it ... i know it ! :)

    ReplyDelete