Thursday, January 10, 2013

Love is immortality

It was a tragic day today. I went to college, my mind full of panic stricken thoughts of exams, projects and pretentious,annoying teachers. Then a friend told me about how a good friend of mine, Blake was sick. He was in the hospital with a liver problem. That really caught me off guard. I just couldn't believe it. Blake is tall, broad, brave. A real man. I couldnt imagine him ill. Especially not in a hospital. So my friends and i laughed it off, said it was probably fine and went on with our day.

Around half past three today, Blake passed away.

I still can't believe it. Blake was strong, ambitious, witty and kind. But best of all, he was honest. He would let you know exactly what he was thinking. He was never cruel while doing so, but he didn't believe in hiding things away.

This year, a few days after Diwali, he came over to play with me on my new PS3. We were playing God of War and he told me he thought i was the kind of person who finds herself in the spotlight often because she's so brilliant but doesn't really want the spotlight anyway. I'll always remember what he said because he said it without hesitation. He wasn't trying to flatter me or get me to like him. he was just telling me what he thought.

Blake had a lot of friends, even though he didnt always see it that way. He was fun, playful and he never forgot who he was. He missed Dubai and his old friends quite a bit, but he wanted good things in his future too. He was loved. And in the words of Emily Dickinson,  Love is immortality.

He is a good man. I hope he didn't suffer. Good luck on your journey, Blake. I know you'll find your way to the Elysian Fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment