Monday, April 15, 2013

Progress


My tens walls were whittled to six and I'm glad to say that finally the rubble has been cleared away and I've built some new walls.

Two walls had crumbled from the impact of the  lies and arrogance launched at them. The rubble from these two has been cleared away. They will not be rebuilt.  It makes me sad that I've lost people that were so important to me because of such petty human errors. But I don’t regret it because I've found some beautiful diamonds in the rubble.

The wall that was breaking due to vanity has been rebuilt. The cracks are still visible and the wall may yet crumble, but for now, my friend needs me in her life. And I'll be there for her for as long as she'll have me.

Also, I've built a new wall. A strong, thick wall, decorated with beautiful memories. This wall is a little distant from where I stand but nonetheless it is important. This new wall I've built with the utmost care. I've supported it when it was vulnerable and new and I've leaned on it when I felt like all my walls were crumbling. This wall is cemented with respect and understanding.  This wall is for my brother. He's moving away but he and I will always stand by each other. To me, that's what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment