Saturday, December 7, 2013

Stories from my scandalous life -II

Whenever I go to the supermarket, I always tend to buy a lot of items I do not need or forget to buy items that I needed quite badly. This time, I decided to conquer this flaw of mine by writing up a grocery list!

I spent quite a lot of time on this list. I went through recipes, menus and my kitchen to discover what I was missing. I went through new recipes I'd like to try so that I wouldn't ever need anything. I had written the master of all grocery lists by the time I was done. My scrawly handwriting had panned over three pages of notepaper (about three times the length of a post it). I was sure I had forgotten nothing. I was proud of myself for actually planning something correctly. 

So when Bob asked me what I was up to, I told her I was writing a grocery list and I sent her picture (cos y'know.. THAT's big news). Her reply was immediate. And humbling. 

"What is this grocery list for? The Great Flood?" 


No comments:

Post a Comment