Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Afraid of the dark

Pfft. I hate it when people are condescending towards me when i tell them i'm afraid of the dark. It's my fear. My irrational, uncontrollable fear. Ev.eryone has one of those. I'm going to try and explain mine.Tell me yours in the comments.

I think it all goes back to my fear of being alone. Mind you, I'm not lonely. I'm perfectly happy being left alone to do my own thing. I'm afraid that one day, i'll have no one that will care about me. No one will be there to comfort me, No one to listen to or talk to, no one to be silly with.

So my fear of loneliness, springs forth creatures of the night. Creatures that are lonely themselves but terrifying also. The boogie monster, ghosts, werewolves etc. They're all lonely creatures. they're strong and powerful and yet they have no one.

My imagination sees these creatures as vengeful and angry. They have no one so they take someone by force. it's not effective, but it's their way. They've been in the dark too long to see light as a comfort.

I've done my best to explain it. I know it's still pretty vague. But i tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment