Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ten walls whittled to six

I am a fiercely possessive person. I'm intensely attached to the people I care about. Anything that changes in my relationships instigates feelings of insecurity. I'm not good at handling change.
I build thick walls I  around me. Each brick is symbolic of the friendships, love and memories that I will never give up. These walls were crumbling. I lost four friends in two years. That's four out of ten walls. My bricks were slowly whittled away by lies, arrogance, betrayal and change. I am even more possessive about my family and friends now. I can't afford to lose anyone anymore.
These ten walls were ten people or groups of people that influenced my life the most. One is my parents, the second, my sister, the third, fourth and fifth are three separate Walls for my three best friends. The sixth wall is one of my cousins and her mum and dad. They've been on my side through everything. The last three walls were three people I lost.  I lost one to lies, one to arrogance and one to vanity.
I build these walls because I believe they protect me and comfort me. And im fiercely protective of them also. These walls are the structure of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment