Sunday, January 1, 2012

Career decisions

Recently I have been very confused about what direction my life is taking. Its about time that I chose a career path and worked towards achieving it. I am sure that I would  work very hard to achieve my goals but I need to set some goals first. Everyone around me seems to already know where they would like to be five years from now. I'm not sure. I'm certain I would like to have a worthwhile profession that would require sobriety but would have bits of jocularity also. I'd like to enjoy my work. I've considered a career in medicine or engineering or business. None of these career choices seem right. They have some appealing aspects but none of them are really right for me.


So I sat down and thought about it long and hard. Me vs Me. 'What is the one thing that I truly enjoy?'

'Literature', came my reply.


This made me think about my writing. I've never felt particularly talented but maybe I could learn. Writing, after all, is a skill. Maybe if I sharpened my writing skills I could persue a career in it. It would be nice to be a journalist...


Ah well! I guess I'll think about journalism for a while. Maybe it will work out to be my amazing career.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment