Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fallen idols

Have you ever been in a situation where someone you used to hold on a pedestal has proven less than worthy? Recently, I've been in just such a situation.

The problem with this situation is that I do not know how to react. I used to hold this person in high esteem. I used to think that she was strong and independent yet feminine and graceful also. Yet, now I see her for her real self and I honestly do not like what I see.

What stumps me the most is, how come I did not notice her flaws before? How come it took me so long to see what was right infront of me? It's amazing how thick I was.

Even by putting that aside, I still do not know how to react. Do I treat her differently or the same? I've been very cautious around her but is it terrible that I'm not letting her know what I feel? Or is it better to keep things to myself and hence keep the peace?

Oh dear! That's a lot of questions. I hope somebody is able to give me the answers, or maybe I'll find them myself.

As of now, I've learnt that everyone has flaws. Everyone is imperfect. It's what makes us human.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.3

No comments:

Post a Comment