Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions for the New Year

I've never really thought much of new years resolutions. I've always disregarded them as something people have talked of to portray themselves as 'deep, meaningful people who understand their shortcomings'. More often than not, these people have failed miserably in their resolutions and in portraying themselves as the aforementioned.

In my opinion, a resolution has to be practical. It needs to be a small step towards becoming a better person. Most people resolve to quit smoking, stop gossiping etc. Why isn't it common for people to decide to pay more attention to their friends? Or to spend more time with family? These are some of the things that matter.

Family and friends should always top the list of priorities. Your own well being should comes next. Keeping this in mind, for this new year, I have resolved to do the following:
  1. Pay more attention to my mum and sister. They have always been there for me and its about time I showed some gratitude.
  2. Talk to my friends more often. They will always be willing to stand by me. I need to stop pushing them away and I need to start listening to them more. I need to show them that I will stand by them also.
  3. Write posts on this blog as often as I can. This is one thing that will benefit me. I'll learn to be regular, responsible and hopefully I will be more articulate.
  4. Lastly, I will be more responsible about my studies, finances and play. I wont let these things fall through the cracks as often as I  have let it.
 I hope i can keep these resolutions. I take it that its a good thing that I'm at least trying to move forward in my life. I'm trying to be better than who i was. I hope this new year is full of changes for the better, not just for me but for everyone. Everyone deserves a chance at better prospects, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment